Get News & Specials
Sign up for free
♥ PRODUCTS ♥
The Pattern Collections
Other Shawl Shapes
Sweaters & Vests
Socks & Fun Footwear
For the Hands
Neck & Up Coverings
For the Man
Minis and Miscellany
Holidays & Seasons
I Hate to Purl
All Beaded Patterns
PDF Pattern Catalog
Patterns by Yarn Weight
♥ SHOPPING ♥
Kits and Supplies
♥ STAY IN TOUCH ♥
Want to help me with some of the costs of providing free educational resources? Every donation counts. Your donation, small or large, is very much appreciated. Thank you!
"Your patterns are just fabulous ... unique and yet based on tradition."
- Jennifer C.
"I just love the simplicity of your patterns and the complexity of their appearance."
- Maureen M.
"I enjoy your website. It is easy to use and full of information ..."
- Debby L.
"... I love Heartstrings patterns. They are clear and well presented and Jackie Erickson-Schweitzer, the designer, is just a lovely, inspiring woman - well worth supporting by the purchase of the pattern."
- Kimberly L.
Technique Teddy Bear Knitting Class
Let teddy teach you 3-dimensional knitting
A whole family of teddy bears!
Let Teddy teach you knitting techniques used in shaping
3-dimensional forms. Students will knit a small adorable teddy
bear, while learning and practicing:
- Double Knitting - a technique that can be used to work in the round on 2 straight needles. Double Knitting is useful for projects with small tubular shapes where it may otherwise be more finicky to work in the round on double point or circular needes, such as our bear's legs and body.
- Kitchener Stitch and Knit-together Bind Off - techniques for semaing knitting which the stitches are still live, such as along the top of our bear's arms and shoulders
- Circular Short Rows - a method for more complex shaping of 3-dimensional forms in knitting, such as our bear's face.
Ideas for personalizing your teddy will also be discussed,
including variations in forms, stuffing ideas, features, and wardrobe.
- Prerequisites: Basic knitting skills.
- Students supply their own yarn and knitting needles.
- Additional student materials fee: $5 per student (includes project instructions and teddy bear birth certificate).
- Duration: 6 hours.
Interested in scheduling?
Contact Jackie E-S for availability and filling out a contract.
See Classes Offered for other knitting workshops and program seminars I offer.
References available upon request